Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Getting started

Again Sunday, again a post. It is not on purpose, but somehow after chilling Saturdays Sunday seems to be the perfect day to watch back. Working really becomes to a routine. Twice a week, I stand up half an hour earlier for translating these Swedish car articles. If I do not have the early shift, I try to stand up earlier anyway for being sooner at work. In return I can leave earlier. For going to sports or making laundry. This week I started sports. First on Tuesday that is called "Fitness with music". The description sound more interesting than the title. And in fact, it was fun. Wednesday, I participated in the table tennis training. I do not know why, but tennis kinds are the most amazing sport to play. Thursday, I finally made laundry. Making laundry is also kind of sports here, if you live at the third floor (German counting) and the machine stands in the basement. Very funny, after the sports two days before. Even more funny when you reach the basement and realize that you forgot the coin for activating the power supply. Or the washing liquid.
Friday was finally this international welcome party I was waiting for. I went the straight at 9pm. But instead of erasmus feeling there was cultural program. When I arrived some guys were humming otiental music for half an hour. After that came some dancing groups from columbia. Pretty nice, but nothing for party mood. They asked several times for attention, but according to the applause, especially by men, I believe only the salsa group had real attention. After two hours I had enough and left for some real entertainment. But on my way out I met Ulrich and his friends and they wanted to give the party a second try. Luckily, we did, because after 11pm the shows were over and the real music started. Really cool.
Saturday was a relaxing day. I stayed home, opened the window in the afternoon and enjoyed the sun. Although I had not plan to, I've been out with my brother and friends in the evening into a disco. Was pretty cool, but nothing for dancing, since the music changed so quickly. Or I was just too tired. Or dizzy from a slight headache (for sure not from alcohol!).
So what's the plan. Today cleaning, since it is my turn to clean. Then some work for getting free from work a little bit earlier this week. If it is possible sports at 5pm (they even have a weekend program). If I find time, in betweend enjoying the sun again. And, if I am lucky, I can already go tomorrow to Amsterdam for queensday that actually is on Wednesday.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Back to the roots

After three weeks home things become more clear. I will work in Aachen for my master thesis. I gave it up to go to Brussels, since the company messed it up. First they talked about a possible real job with full payment. After more than one week waiting they offered me a giant project. I was happy. But they wanted me to do it for free during an internship. 7 months. No accomodation, no salary, but meal vouchers. When I said, I am looking for a real job, they said I would not be sufficiantly experienced. But for an internship doing the same job I was experienced enough... Luckily I had this very good opportunity in Aachen. The project is much nicer, too. So, back to the roots. Coming back to Aachen means also looking for a flat. Since my lonely year in Aachen and the amazing flatmates in Sundsvall I know, I do not want to live alone the next few months. Today I have my first appointments for inspecting flats. I even have some favorites, but I am a little bit insecure, since I did not sig...

Old man

At the weekend I drove to Philipp in Dörenthe for celebrating his birthday. It took a while until I found his house, because as soon as the village starts it ends. Took a while to figure out that most of the houses around than actually in the village. However, after joyful and relaxed driving I reached my goal and met also Solène and Sebastian there. It was like time had never passed. We told so many stories and there are enough left for the next 5 days, when they are coming to Aken. It turned out that my moving out was not so urgent as the landlord told me. First it was a trick counting on kindness, because he told new renters a totally different story than me. However, with this story he scared the 3 guys off who wanted to rent the apartment, since they did not trust him anymore. I for myself think, he is ok, but I better do not believe in any surprising thing he tells me. All that counts is the contract. But I figured out that I have time to cancel my flat until October. Therefore I...

EILC 2008

In the end I want to publish something that might be of special interest for those who spend the EILC 2006 with me in Härnösand . Midsweden University officially has an EILC 2008 this year!! EILC stands for Erasmus Intensive Language Course. In 2007 Miun skipped it. The old EILC 2006 page is deleted and new site of this year's course is http://www.miun.se/eilc/ . Looks quite similar to our starting page two years ago. Only Björn is now Johanna (check personal staff). And they could have at least published new pictures from Hans and Ella. The new course is going to start in 2 weeks. If I imagine I would have stayed in Sundsvall as first planned, I would welcome the EILC students on their Campus trip... funny. I had no idea when was at their place . But since I only linked my pictures at that time to Hans EILC page, I have to repair my articles from August 2006 now, because all pictures are lost, of course. Luckily I saved at least those from the blog somewhere. But does anyboday h...