Direkt zum Hauptbereich

MFG

I think, I had a first day that is usual for a first day in computer business. Of course, I was 20 mintues too late, because the village of the company was surprisingly bigger than one street and I ended up somewhere in nowhere. Luckily Micha could pick me up. What a start. Next getting a card at the entrance. I am not in the system, so I get a one-day entrance card. Maybe tomorrow I am already registered. Afterwards I met a lot of people, learned a lot of names. At Atos you call each other with the first name (not so usual for distance-loving Germany). And now I have an idea why they hired me. I think I met 50 people, but they had only 10 different names. Maybe they hire people because of their names. Almost everybody seems to be called Wolfgang, Peter, Stefan, Michael, and - of course - Markus. Getting to know a lot of people also means to learn about a lot of different projects. And a lot of technical terms I never heard of before. Until 12 my head was full of technical terms and cryptic combinations of random letters (thought about an IT-version of MFG - German for shortcut for "with kind regards").



At half past 12 we had lunch. German lunch. That means have dinner at noon. "Currywurst mit Pommes". I think, I will try to get back to Swedish times as soon as possible. After lunch I learned how cash flow with credit cards works in Germany and international. I am glad I get this serious introduction. At my former jobs I was only introduced to my desk and left alone afterwards. The remaining time today I read articles about the company's infrastructure and screened rughly my project's manual. But at 5pm I could not get anything anymore in my head. Some time ago I had to be concentrated a whole day long. And I had been awake since 6am, because of my morning shift. The bus on the way back did not make any problems and at 6pm I was at home. I waited for the owner of the flat, who wanted to arrive in the evening, but I fell to sleep when I arrived home and might have overslept the bell.
My flatmates are still not at home. I got a phone call they should arrive this evening. We will see. I do not think I already got mail, but as long as they have the only key for the mailbox, I cannot check.
Tomorrow I will start earlier, because I have no intention to stay that long at work this week. I have only reading stuff to do, anyway. And the fastest bus goes in the morning. And now I even know: the bus from this morning would not have stopped at my busstop. Only every second bus of this number stops where I need to go. Why don't they have different numbers then... I suppose that was not the last miracle of the "real world" I will face this week.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Back to the roots

After three weeks home things become more clear. I will work in Aachen for my master thesis. I gave it up to go to Brussels, since the company messed it up. First they talked about a possible real job with full payment. After more than one week waiting they offered me a giant project. I was happy. But they wanted me to do it for free during an internship. 7 months. No accomodation, no salary, but meal vouchers. When I said, I am looking for a real job, they said I would not be sufficiantly experienced. But for an internship doing the same job I was experienced enough... Luckily I had this very good opportunity in Aachen. The project is much nicer, too. So, back to the roots. Coming back to Aachen means also looking for a flat. Since my lonely year in Aachen and the amazing flatmates in Sundsvall I know, I do not want to live alone the next few months. Today I have my first appointments for inspecting flats. I even have some favorites, but I am a little bit insecure, since I did not sig...

Old man

At the weekend I drove to Philipp in Dörenthe for celebrating his birthday. It took a while until I found his house, because as soon as the village starts it ends. Took a while to figure out that most of the houses around than actually in the village. However, after joyful and relaxed driving I reached my goal and met also Solène and Sebastian there. It was like time had never passed. We told so many stories and there are enough left for the next 5 days, when they are coming to Aken. It turned out that my moving out was not so urgent as the landlord told me. First it was a trick counting on kindness, because he told new renters a totally different story than me. However, with this story he scared the 3 guys off who wanted to rent the apartment, since they did not trust him anymore. I for myself think, he is ok, but I better do not believe in any surprising thing he tells me. All that counts is the contract. But I figured out that I have time to cancel my flat until October. Therefore I...

EILC 2008

In the end I want to publish something that might be of special interest for those who spend the EILC 2006 with me in Härnösand . Midsweden University officially has an EILC 2008 this year!! EILC stands for Erasmus Intensive Language Course. In 2007 Miun skipped it. The old EILC 2006 page is deleted and new site of this year's course is http://www.miun.se/eilc/ . Looks quite similar to our starting page two years ago. Only Björn is now Johanna (check personal staff). And they could have at least published new pictures from Hans and Ella. The new course is going to start in 2 weeks. If I imagine I would have stayed in Sundsvall as first planned, I would welcome the EILC students on their Campus trip... funny. I had no idea when was at their place . But since I only linked my pictures at that time to Hans EILC page, I have to repair my articles from August 2006 now, because all pictures are lost, of course. Luckily I saved at least those from the blog somewhere. But does anyboday h...