Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Feel free

Sunday 29th - 30th of June

I could not really sleep during the few hours we were meant to rest. My stomach was sick and I could only rest for two hours. The morning we spent with cleaning and breakfast in a big group outside. Really cosy.
All in all I had a great time in Friesland. It was a little bit like "Ferien auf dem Bauernhof" (holidays on a farm) with dogs, horses, rabbits and cats. And I really met a lot of people. The house was always full and in action. Very lively. We needed two attempts to go back with Ward by car to Den Haag, because we forgot the keys for the flat in Den Haag. The evening we spent with a dinner with Ward and Dagmar and then watching fhe final soccer match alone.
Monday morning it was time to say good bye for the next 8 months, because Maritha is going to make her internship in middle america. Therefore, I guess my next Netherlands trips will mostly be limited to the closer surroundings of Aken. Everything that I can reach by bike. My trip back to Aken by train was quiet. I had a lot of time to rethink the past 10 days. It were really "only" 10 days and so much happened. I met a lot of people, switched frequently places, cities, countries, traveled around 5000 km, I have been in Germany, Belgium, France, Netherlands and Sweden and I could make use of all 4 lanuages I (suppose to) know. I felt so comfortable that I totally forgot about work and duties.
Before coming home I drove to work immidiately. My holidays therefore started as they began. With all my luggage I arrived at the office and it felt so surreal. I still was "high" from the past days and nothing seems to be able to worry me. I thought this usually only happens after a few weeks trip, but the past week was so lively and lovely that it felt like a timeless journey.
Back at work we have a new colleague in the team. Smart and efficient. I guess, I am unnecessary now, because he already knows everything that I would have to learn, but that does not bother me. Since I had so much things to do and to learn I think I will finally get time for my own plans like thesis writing.

At the moment I am really in the mood for big steps. But actually it will be the first summer that I cannot enjoy with free time. But nevertheless, there are highlights every few weeks. I expect at least Spanish, Canadian and German visitors. I have no clue how to give all of them a sleeping place. Maybe I can ask for the keys of the two rooms of my flatmates who moved out while I was in Sweden. As I had expected, they did not leave much more than dust and garbage. Well, mostly a lot of dust and garbage. I defintely know now, why StuBo insisted on these inspections. But somehow I already assumed this to happen. Therefore, I will use this day to get stuff for my flat. My flat. Sounds good. It will be "my flat" in total for at least July. Enough time to prepare the shapes of a new flat community. I still have the posters of Sweden in mind. As I said, nothing seems worrying at the moment and I feel very well with the idea to use this day to get rid of the mess, make the flat cosy and getting enough time to arrive mentally back home enjoying the feeling.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Old man

At the weekend I drove to Philipp in Dörenthe for celebrating his birthday. It took a while until I found his house, because as soon as the village starts it ends. Took a while to figure out that most of the houses around than actually in the village. However, after joyful and relaxed driving I reached my goal and met also Solène and Sebastian there. It was like time had never passed. We told so many stories and there are enough left for the next 5 days, when they are coming to Aken. It turned out that my moving out was not so urgent as the landlord told me. First it was a trick counting on kindness, because he told new renters a totally different story than me. However, with this story he scared the 3 guys off who wanted to rent the apartment, since they did not trust him anymore. I for myself think, he is ok, but I better do not believe in any surprising thing he tells me. All that counts is the contract. But I figured out that I have time to cancel my flat until October. Therefore I...

Back to the roots

After three weeks home things become more clear. I will work in Aachen for my master thesis. I gave it up to go to Brussels, since the company messed it up. First they talked about a possible real job with full payment. After more than one week waiting they offered me a giant project. I was happy. But they wanted me to do it for free during an internship. 7 months. No accomodation, no salary, but meal vouchers. When I said, I am looking for a real job, they said I would not be sufficiantly experienced. But for an internship doing the same job I was experienced enough... Luckily I had this very good opportunity in Aachen. The project is much nicer, too. So, back to the roots. Coming back to Aachen means also looking for a flat. Since my lonely year in Aachen and the amazing flatmates in Sundsvall I know, I do not want to live alone the next few months. Today I have my first appointments for inspecting flats. I even have some favorites, but I am a little bit insecure, since I did not sig...

Or are we dancers

My erasmus winter semester 2007 met in Sundsvall during the last weekend. Although I did not even spend 48 hours in Sundsvall it was toally worth money, time and effort to go there. I arrived on Friday evening, met the Spanish girls at Wayne's coffee, had dinner and then we awesomely partied in O'Learys. On Saturday we had brunch in the city, I visited Jonny and Marzena and joined the others later on for skiing near Sidsjön. Saturday evening we had a preparty at Johan's place and invaded later on the good old K århuset where I finally met Sebastian and Solène, too. It is quite funny to see the connections between the different erasmus semesters. After a good long sleep on Sunday morning we met again in the city for brunch, but only shortly, because the Dutchs and me had to leave at 12. They dropped me off at the trainstation. On the way we figured that I would only have 10 minutes between arrival of the train and closing of the check-in. When I had booked trains and flights...