Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Tour de Fryslân

These weeks are busy. Work is a mess of new requirements, but since there is a lot to do, there is a lot that can be solved, therefor motivation remains. But Friday evening my head still running on work-level. All the time I was looking for logic challenges, like I have to solve all the time at work. For getting rid of a busy head you can either relax and hope you come to rest... or you seek nice challenges. So I decided spontanuously to go to Dutch Friesland and Roden last weekend.
The trip was not as easy as I thought in first place. First the car of my parents seemed to have some serious problems with one of the wheels. Therefore instead of being on my way to a Dutch tea with Stroopwafels I was hanging around in two car workshops. They could not find anything, but after they attached the wheels again, the problem was gone. Well, at least it was cheap. But I was already one hour later than I planned. Because I needed to go to Aken for dropping some stuff and picking some up, my time buffer was consumed before I even crossed the border. And my trust in googlemaps was also not worth a lot. Better if I would have seeked my way alone. At least until Friesland. Because one highway was closed and the "omleidning" did not show cities on my printed route, I took another extra turn that took me at least one hour.
When I finally entered Friesland I was looking forward more and more... until only 3 km before my destination the main road was closed. Another hour I drove in circles and saw most likely complete Friesland. Jistrum, my destination, I finally found because I followed the signs on the bicycle ways. In the end I arrived half past 6. 3,5 hours later than I planned to drive the day before - more than 6 hours in total in the car for originally maybe 400 km.
But the same time span playing yazee made up every kilometer. And as I said before: nice challenges are at least as good as successful relaxing. Around midday the next day I already left to Roden to visit Marlies, my fellow student from my fourth semester in Sweden (when I was most of the time already back in Germany). The way out of Friesland was much easier than in. In Roden Marlies and I played finally our tennis match. Because they somehow do not have a tennis court in their beautiful neat little garden, we played it on the street. I guess, I was lucky we did not have a real court. After 7 years not playing I missed quite a few balls. Besides tennis I ate cake with the whole family and in between I happily wondered that I did not realise anymore when we talked German, English or Dutch. We spoke all languages, only everybody had a different level in each.
But remembering my journey one day before, I left already in the afternoon. to arrive maybe in some day light in Aken. But the way back was no problem. The highway was still closed, but this time, I just took the omleidning as I thought it would be and I arrived savely in Aken.
Back in Aken everything is still like I left it. Only that there is a pile of sleeping backs and matrasses for my guests at the next weekend. My flatmates still did not move in, yet. No clue when they arrive. But I depend on them, because my internet contract is going to expire any second and I need them to get a new contract. I cannot do it by myself, because I do not live here long enough to be bound on a time contract. So, I hope, they move in this week. And if not, they do not move in on Saturday, because that is the only day I could use their rooms. Otherwise 5 people have to sleep on 14 sqaure meters and a kitchen, what sounds managable, of course, if you do not consider, that even I have one or two furniture.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Back to the roots

After three weeks home things become more clear. I will work in Aachen for my master thesis. I gave it up to go to Brussels, since the company messed it up. First they talked about a possible real job with full payment. After more than one week waiting they offered me a giant project. I was happy. But they wanted me to do it for free during an internship. 7 months. No accomodation, no salary, but meal vouchers. When I said, I am looking for a real job, they said I would not be sufficiantly experienced. But for an internship doing the same job I was experienced enough... Luckily I had this very good opportunity in Aachen. The project is much nicer, too. So, back to the roots. Coming back to Aachen means also looking for a flat. Since my lonely year in Aachen and the amazing flatmates in Sundsvall I know, I do not want to live alone the next few months. Today I have my first appointments for inspecting flats. I even have some favorites, but I am a little bit insecure, since I did not sig...

Old man

At the weekend I drove to Philipp in Dörenthe for celebrating his birthday. It took a while until I found his house, because as soon as the village starts it ends. Took a while to figure out that most of the houses around than actually in the village. However, after joyful and relaxed driving I reached my goal and met also Solène and Sebastian there. It was like time had never passed. We told so many stories and there are enough left for the next 5 days, when they are coming to Aken. It turned out that my moving out was not so urgent as the landlord told me. First it was a trick counting on kindness, because he told new renters a totally different story than me. However, with this story he scared the 3 guys off who wanted to rent the apartment, since they did not trust him anymore. I for myself think, he is ok, but I better do not believe in any surprising thing he tells me. All that counts is the contract. But I figured out that I have time to cancel my flat until October. Therefore I...

EILC 2008

In the end I want to publish something that might be of special interest for those who spend the EILC 2006 with me in Härnösand . Midsweden University officially has an EILC 2008 this year!! EILC stands for Erasmus Intensive Language Course. In 2007 Miun skipped it. The old EILC 2006 page is deleted and new site of this year's course is http://www.miun.se/eilc/ . Looks quite similar to our starting page two years ago. Only Björn is now Johanna (check personal staff). And they could have at least published new pictures from Hans and Ella. The new course is going to start in 2 weeks. If I imagine I would have stayed in Sundsvall as first planned, I would welcome the EILC students on their Campus trip... funny. I had no idea when was at their place . But since I only linked my pictures at that time to Hans EILC page, I have to repair my articles from August 2006 now, because all pictures are lost, of course. Luckily I saved at least those from the blog somewhere. But does anyboday h...